MY PRIMARY SCHOOL REUNION EXPERIENCE
Hi Guys Assalamu Alaikum
I recently went to my primary school reunion, the last event I went to before going all in the school madness (yes, madness coz what I went through is not normal). A lot of people were surprised when I tell them, many of them never had the planned reunion, or if they had, they either didn't go or they had a really awkward time talking to people they hardly even remembered from ten+ years ago. In my case it's a bit different cos I went, I hardly remember most of the guys, I had lost touch with almost everyone ages ago, but regardless of that, or maybe because of it, I was curious to go and see how everyone's life has turned out (in a good way). I didn't have many expectations but I ended up been really glad I went, I enjoyed every bit of it.
![]() |
How it was planned
Some good people among us created(we are all good people but they are better๐) a WhatsApp group and added all of us. I personally was terrified to see the group. I don't know if I was added the day they created the group but I know we talked a lot that very day, we missed each other and that is the first time "we were all together" for twelve years. Okay, long story short, these people proposed we should have a small reunion to see each other, we all agreed and it happened Alhamdulillah. Some didn't make it due to one or two things but were still part of it and we hope they will be around next time.
Growing up is a good thing
Juggling through school work, thinking about so many things, and desperately trying to figure out what I want to do with my life sometimes combine to make me feel like growing up is the most awful thing that could ever happen to a person, and the mere overwhelmingness of it can easily obscure all the good things about growing up. Talking to my friends and reminiscing about all the stupid stuff we did in primary school really put things into perspective and highlighted how far we've all come, how time has molded us into o better version of what we were then. (You know, that is such an awesome feeling)
The school system is way too gendered
Sitting in a restaurant with my former classmates, it (obviously) felt totally natural to chat with everyone and sit next to whoever happened to be there regardless of their gender. Back in the day though, things were very different. It uses to be always girls vs boys, even though we were taught in the same class, same P.E but we only talk when it is very necessary. I couldn't have imagined being friends with the boys from our class, some of them bully us even though they seem like a decent bunch now๐๐ (and we bully the weak ones among them too๐). Thank God for growth.
Future ambition thrown in the dustbin
Yes, cos a lot of us (basically, 99%) are not doing what we wanted to do as kids or wanted to become when we grow up, some are not even close to what they wanted to become, you know but Alhamdulillah we are doing just fine. But there are still a few that got lucky among us though, becoming exactly what they wanted to become and holding on to their passion Alhamdulillah for that too. As for myself I have always wanted to become a doctor or a nurse, the latter happens and Alhamdulillah I wouldn't have asked for a better profession.





This is worth sharing sister. Keep it up and never stop believing in what you’re doing. We all misses you for being our primary school mate you’re such unbelievable sister. (Najib Dogonkoli)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Najib I really appreciate. Looking forward to many meetings with y'all
Delete