NOTES ON GRADUATION
I remember sitting in my very first lecture
being told that before we knew it we would
be qualifying and I just didn’t think that
would be true. Yet here I am, and the past
three and half years (yeah i know what i
said) didn't just flew by! But It still doesn't
feel real!!!
The NMCN requirement of 2300 hours spent in clinical practice (which actually turned into a few hundred hours over this!), the same amount of hours spent completing theory, 6 clinical postings (placements), OSCEs, assignments, presentations, exams and a Project, the many, many hours spent crying or laughing (or both at the same time!), the things I have seen that some people may never see in their lifetime, the people I have had the honour of caring for and working alongside, losing loved ones along the way. Oh, and throw Covid-19 into the mix! It has been a rollercoaster of three and half years.
I HAVE COMPLETED NURSING SCHOOL!!!!
with all the madness 2020 offered, there are still some bright spots, and I was able to earn myself a tittle as a superhero (every nurse is a hero), take an oath for growth and added two very important letters after my name .......RN.
My long stressful days of reading and testing, God knows this journey is far from easy but I am not complaining Alhamdulillah for opportunity
So welcome home your new favorite/ REGISTERED NURSE!!!!
When I started my nursing journey. I had an idea of what nursing was but knowing what I know now, I never could have imagined what I would experience throughout my training and what ‘being a nurse’ really means. Nurses are strong, intelligent, passionate, extraordinary and, of course, caring. Day in and day out putting other’s needs before their own no matter what conditions, abuse or challenges they face.
I have completely changed over the duration of this course. My confidence has grown, my knowledge has increased, and I am proud of everything I have achieved. Thank you to my family and close friends for their continuous support and for listening as I talk about my experiences. Thank you to my Elder sister Anty words can't express how grateful I am to have you as a sister, a mentor more like a mother. I don't say this so often, but you know I love you. Thank you Ya Abdul for listening to me and giving me your unbiased feedback (always the first person to hear my clinical chronicles) and for being my first home patient. Thank you Hadiza and my whole family, my back bone each and everyone of you is a blessing to me. I LOVE YOU💜💜💜
Thank you to my school friends for laughter, cries, banters and support through everything and for becoming FRIENDS FOR LIFE!!!!
Thank you to everyone that supported with prayer, motivation, calls to check on me and my studies, I didn't take any of it for granted and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
The journey I have been on is one i will never forget. It has been harder than I could've ever imagine but also much greater and rewarding than I ever predicted.
I hope you will all follow me on my journey journey as a new qualified registered Nurse
2020 the year of the Nurse!!!
2020 the year I qualified as a Nurse!!!
2020 the year Nurses were tested more than ever!!!
2020 the year I will never forget.
Congratulations to all my fellow AUGUST 2020 Cohorts out there!!! something none of us could've predicted was the coronavirus especially when we were soon to commence our Professional examination /Nursing council examination (NCLEX) but we MADE IT. Alhamdulillah 🤲🏽
To everyone else on Their nursing student journey, keep going you're on your path to becoming part of something truly special.
To anyone considering beginning their nursing journey, I will say-- Go for it! Do it!! You will never experience anything else like it.
Just don't go through school of nursing Gusau😃😃😃😃 IT IS A JOKE!!!!
Love 💜 Aisha Lawal Bala RN.
New blog for the graduation pictures will be up tomorrow in shaa Allah!!!






The last statement "dont go through Nursing Gusau" it's Ironic speaking 😀 While I said Go For it.. Its For real A Nursing School.. (Brain burner, muscle weakener, lacrimal blower and mucosal irritants) But the favorite sentence is you'll graduate no Matter what 😂😂
ReplyDeleteIt is a CAUTION lol but we go with What you said!!!
DeleteOMG still couldn't believe it.... Alhamdulillah though. .... We feel special for your post 🤗🤗
ReplyDeleteCheck out tomorrow's blog it's all about us
Delete